Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Oh! What is life but for the living?


Virgin de Quito.jpg, originally uploaded by craptastica.

It's been about a month since I got back from Ecuador and I still feel the fool for not staying longer. I feel the fool for spending only a couple days in Otavalo. For not bringing home more rugs for my friends. I feel the fool for not dancing at more of the Salsa clubs in Quito. For not extending my trip. For not taking the time to take an intensive spanish class. For not spending more time in the jungle. For not following the friends we met there to Peru. For remembering not to forget my responsibilities. For lying to myself that I'll come back soon.

Ecuador is a wonderful place and life is short. I feel the fool for knowing that only too well now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While the culture shock has worn off, I dearly miss being in Ecuador. What a fucking time that was!

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home