Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Lake Cuicocha.jpg


lake_cuicocha1.jpg, originally uploaded by craptastica.

On the fourth or fifth day, Zach and I went to Lake Cuicocha, near Volcan Cotacachi. It's in a National Park, and has a trail that rings the lake which now fills a crater left by an old volcano.

My favorite part about this place is that they say the two islands in the middle were used as prisons by the Incas. They would just throw their prisoners on there and guard the shores. Kinda like a prehistoric Alcatraz.

We ended up walking the six miles or so around the lake really fast. We left with some awesome photos, and sunburns that made us look like some of the local fruits. I looked like a mango with orange and scarlet coloring in not ungraceful patches swishing across my body. Zach's face was a sanguine red vine tomato. Obviously, neither of us had learned our lesson, and I needed to have Zach rub lotion on my back for the remainder of the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home