Thursday, April 13, 2006

Heart of the City


Exist, originally uploaded by craptastica.

This last week, I flew back to DC for work. I decided to fly in on Friday, so I could enjoy the weekend with my friends. I lived there for two years, and haven't really been back since I departed for New Mexico almost exactly one year ago. My friends, however, all still live there and all welcomed me with open arms (and couches).

The weekend was a bender like the headwaters of the Potomac River. We went to concerts and visited clubs and bars to the wee hours of the morning. Every night was better than the next and besides a sore throat and scratchy voice I seemed to develop a serious sleep dept.

Eventually the week came and I donned my expensive suit and became the anonymous metro rider. I was in DC for the next three days and the work stuff went perfectly. I was a little relieved, but also proud that a year of planning paid off so well.

The biggest effect the trip had on me was two-fold. The first is that I'd be in big trouble if I stayed there for more than one weekend. I'd probably be a broke, smoker, drunkard in no time. The second and more true is that I really didn't realize how much I missed my friends and what kind wonderful people they all are.

3 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

miss you too, man. miss you too.

11:47 AM  
Blogger sheried said...

Love the picture. I have one I took for you from Australia. I gotta figure out how to send it.
Great blog.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... that means it's about T-3 months till you come back, right....

Miss you!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home